Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bhagavad-Gita The Song Divine Chapter 10 (stanza 35-42)


Likewise, among the Srutis that can be sung, I am the variety known as Brhatsama; while among the Vedic hymns, I am the hymn known as Gayatri. Again, among the twelve months of the Hindu calendar, I am the month known as Margasirsa' (corresponding approximately to November-December); and among the six seasons (successively appearing in Nepal in the course of a year), I am the spring season. ……. (35)
 I am gambling among deceitful practices, and the glory of the glorious, I am the victory of the victorious, the resolve of the resolute, and the goodness of the good. ……….. (36)
I am Krishna among the Brsnis, Arjun among the sons of Pandu, Vyasa among the sages, and the sage Sukracharya among the wise. …….. (37)
I am the subduing power of rulers; I am righteousness in those who seek to conquer. Of things to be kept secret, I am the custodian in the form of reticence; and I am the wisdom of the wise. ……….. (38)
Arjun, I am even that, which the seed of all life is. For there is no creature, moving or unmoving, which can exist without Me. ……………… (39)
Arjun, there is no limit to My divine manifestations. This is only a brief description by Me of the extent of My glory. ………….. (40)
Every such being as is glorious, brilliant and powerful, know that to be a part manifestation of My glory. …………….. (41)
Or, what will you gain by knowing all this in detail, Arjun? Suffice it to say that I hold this entire universe by a fraction of My Yogic Power. ………….. (42)
Thus, in the Upanishad sung by the Lord, the Science of Brahma, the scripture of Yoga, the dialogue between Sri Krishna and Arjun, ends the tenth chapter entitled "The Yoga of Divine Glories."
"Obeisance to Vishnu the dispeller of the fear of rebirths, the one Lord of all the regions, possessed of a tranquil form, lying on a bed of snake, from whose navel has sprung the lotus, the Lord of all celestials, the support of the universe, similar to the sky, possessed of the color of a cloud and possessed of handsome limbs, the Lord of Laksmi (the Goddess of Wealth), having louts-like eyes, and realized by Yogis in meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment