Wednesday, July 29, 2015

DO GOOD AND CAST IT INTO THE RIVER



Husn Banon told Hatimai about the second puzzle, "You have to find out the man who has written this on the front wall of his house, 'Do good and cast it into the river."
Husn Bano was so happy after having the first puzzle solved that she gave hint to hatim.
She told him that this man lived towards the north of her city.
Hatim began his search for this man. He went through many difficulties, but he bravely moved on.
After a long time, he reached a big palace. On its front wall was written, 'Do good and cast it into river.'
Before walking inside the palaces, Hatim put the piece of wood in this mouth as there were many soldiers guarding the palace. Now nobody could see him.
In the court, he saw a very old man sitting on the throne.
Hatim took out the piece of wood and met the old man, who welcomed Hatim and offered him food.
After having some food, Hatim asked the old man to explain the meaning of the words on the front wall of his beautiful palace.
The old man said that these lines were related to his own life's story.
Hatim said, "I would like to hear it."
The old man then told him his story. He said, "Hatimai, you may not believe it, but when I was young, I was a thief."
"I was bad and cruel, but everything I did was not bad. The only good thing I did was not bad. The only good thing I did was to put two pieces of bread in the river every day, for the fishes to eat. Once I fell very ill and felt as if I was going die."
"Then a messenger of death came to take me to hell. On the gates of hell, two angles appeared and they told the messenger of death that I was to be sent back to earth to live for a hundred more years."
When I asked the angles why I was spared from going to hell, they told me that though I had done a lot of bad deeds, one  good dead that I did every day saved me from being damned."
"When I opened my eyes, I was that I was in my bed. The two bread pieces had become two angles that saved me from going to hell. Afterwards, I made it a habit to put pieces of bread in the river every day. I put them and then forget about it. I forget about it but God doesn't so as a reward, I get two hundred gold coins that come with the river water. With that money I help the poor people."
"I believe that we should be kind to everyone and then forget our good deeds.
We should not ask for anything in return."

"This is the reason why I have got it written on the front wall of my palace, 'Do good and cast it into the river.'

No comments:

Post a Comment