Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bhagavadgita The Song Divine Chapter 4 (stanza 1-12)


Sri Bhagavan said: I revealed this immortal Yoga to Vivasvan (Sun God); Vivasvan conveyed it to Manu (his son); and Manu imparted it to (his son) Iksvaku. ………………. (1)
Thus transmitted in succession from father to son, Arjun, this Yoga remained known to the Rajarsis (royal sages). Through long lapse of this Yoga got lost to the world.  ……….. (2)
The same ancient Yoga, which is the supreme secret, has this day been imparted to you by Me, because you are My devotee and friend. ………….. (3)
Arjun said: You are of recent origin, while the birth of Vivasvan dates back to remote antiquity. How, then am I to believe that. You imparted this Yoga at the beginning of the creation? …………… (4)
Sri Bhagavan said: Arjun, you and I have passed through many births, I remember them all, you do not remember, O chastiser of foes. ………….. (5)
Though birthless and immortal and the Lord of all beings, I manifest Myself through My own Yogamaya (divine potency), keeping My nature (prakrti) under control. ………… (6)
Arjun, whenever righteousness is on the decline, unrighteousness is in the ascendant, then I body Myself forth. ………………. (7)
For the protection of the virtuous, for the extirpation of evil-doers, and for establishing Dharma (righteousness) on a firm footing, I manifest Myself from age to age. ………… (8)
Arjun, My birth and activities are divine. He who knows this in reality is not reborn on leaving his body, but comes to Me.  ……… (9)
Completely rid of attachment, fear and anger, wholly absorbed in Me, depending on Me, and purified by the penance of wisdom, many have become one with Me even in the past.   (10)
Arjun, howsoever men seek Me even so do I respond to them; for all men follow My path in every way. …………………… (11)

In this world of human beings, men seeking the fruition of their activities, worship the Gods; for success born of actions follows quickly. …………….. (12)

No comments:

Post a Comment