Monday, April 20, 2015

Bhagavad-Gita The Song Divine Chapter 11 (stanza 45-55)


Having seen Your wondrous form, which was never seen before, I feel transported with joy; at the same time my mind is tormented by fear. Pray! Reveal to me that divine form, the form of Vishnu with four-arms; O Lord of celestials, O Abode of the universe, be gracious.  ……. (45)
I wish to see You adorned in the same way with a diadem on the head, and holding a mace and a discus in two of Your hands; O Lord with a thousand arms, O Universal Being, appear again in the same four-armed Form. …………….. (46)
Sri Bhagavan said: Arjun! Pleased with you I have shown you, through My power of Yoga, this supreme, effulgent, primal and infinite Cosmic Form, which has never been seen before by anyone other than you. …………….. (47)
Arjun, in this mortal world I cannot be seen in this Form by anyone other than you, either through the study of the Vedas or by rituals, or again, through gifts, actions or austere penances.  …………….. (48)
Seeing such a dreadful Form of Mine as this do not be perturbed or perplexed; with a fearless and tranquil mind, behold once again the same four-armed Form of Mine bearing the conch, discus, mace and lotus. …………….. (49)
Sanjaya said: Having spoken thus Arjun, Bhagavan Vasudeva again revealed to him His own four-armed Form; and then, assuming a genial form, the high-souled Sri Krishna consoled the frightened Arjun. ……………  (50)
Arjun said: Krishna, seeing this gentle human form of Yours I have regained my composure and am My own-self again. …………… (51)
Sri Bhagavan said: This form of Mine (with four-arms) which you have just seen, is exceedingly difficult to behold. Even the gods are always eager to see this form. … (52)
Neither by study of the Vedas, nor by penance, nor again by charity, nor even by rituals can I be seen in this form (with four-arms) as you have seen Me. …….. … (53)
Through single-minded devotion, however, I can be seen in this form (with four-arms), nay, known in essence and even entered into, O valiant Arjun. …… (54)
Arjun, he who performs all his duties for My sake, depends on Me, is devoted to Me, has no attachment, and is free from malice towards all beings, reaches Me. ……. (55)
Thus, in the Upanishad sung by the Lord, the Science of Brahma, the scripture of Yoga, the dialogue between Sri Krishna and Arjun, ends the eleventh chapter entitled "The Yoga of the Vision of the Universal Form."

No comments:

Post a Comment