Sunday, June 28, 2015

THE PIOUS SITA


On hearing the news of her Lord's victory, the elated Sita couldn't wait any longer to reunite with her Lord.
Vibheeshan's wife came to Sita and gave her a royal attire to wear before meeting Rama.
But before she could she could meet Rama, one of Ravana's wives cursed her, "Because of you I'll have to endure a lifelong separation from my husband. I curse you that even you will be separated from your husband."
Sita was then respectfully taken to Rama in a palanquin. The monkey soldiers were eager to see Mother Sita, whose cause they had fought for.
When Sita emerged from the palanquin, she was delighted to see Rama. But Rama said, "I cannot accept you for you have spent a long time in another man's house."
Sita couldn't believe her ears. How could Rama speak to her in this manner! She said, "In body and mind I have always been yours, My Lord. But if you still doubt my purity, I have only one way to prove it. Lakshmana, kindle a fire."
Lakshmana miserably looked at his brother, hoping that he would apologies to Sita for doubting her purity. But Rama remained different.  
Lakshmana then had to abbey Sita. Addressing the God of fire, Sita said, "Agni, establish my purity by accepting me in yours flames. If I am impure, burn me to death."
Then Sita walked into the fire. All present were speechless and shocked as Sita walked into the fire.
Agni came out of the flames with Sita and said, "O Rama! Your Sita is blameless and pure. Do not ever doubt her chastity."

 Rama then turned to Sita and said, "O Sita! This trail was only to establish your purity in the minds of the people who might doubt it. As for me, I had never suspected your innocence and chastity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment