Monday, May 18, 2015

The sunrise of my life's fortune


I have completed seventy -eight years of my life in 1989. During this long life-span ,  I pursued only one aim and that was to investigated how siddhi (spiritual awakening ) could be attained by sadhana. It occurred to me that just as several scientists devoted their entire lives in doing basic research work and had thus served mankind, it should be seriously examined whether the age-mold belief that sadhana leads to siddhi is correct or not on myself .This idea sprang up within me when I was ten years old and dominated my thoughts till I was ten years old and dominated my thoughts till I was fifteen. In the meanwhile, the only thing which is worth mentioning is that my father got my upnayan (sacred thread) ceremony performed and I was initiated in Gayatri Mantra by his classmate, Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya. I completed my elementary education in the primary school of the village and my father taught me Sanskrit grammar on th basis of Laghu Koumudi and Sidhanta Koumudi. I used to accompany my father on his visits to rulers of princely states to deliver religious discourses on Srimad Bhagvat Purana and thus I learnt Bhagvat from the beginning to the end.
In the meantime,  I was married. My wife was disciplined,  industrios  service-minded and she cooperated in all my efforts .In this way fifteen years of life passed.
Morning and evening worship and prayers (sandha- vandana) formed part of my daily routine. At the time of my initiation, Malviyaji had told me that gayatri mantra was kamdhenu of a brahmana and had enjoyed me to at least perform five malas of  gayatri jap (chanting the mantra 540times ) regularly; and that it was all the more beneficial if more japs could be performed . I kept this direction in mind and followed it regularly and religiously.

It was all of a sudden that  God's grace descended on me ar rhe age of fifteen as if it was preplanned and predestined. I got an opportunity to dedicate myself single -pointedly  towards the realisation of my childhood dreams. It was the day of basant  parva. While I was engrossed in worship in my room during the small hours of the morning ( brabma - muhurta ) I saw an aura of light .I was stunned, amazed and awestruck. I rubbed my eyes to ascertain whether it was a hallu7ction or something astral like a ghost or a demon, but it was none of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment