Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sowing of the seeds for sublimation of attitude 2


Gurudev had directed long back that I would have to go the Himalayas again and stay there for six months. I was asked to break my emotional tires with Mathura shift to sapta sarovar, Hardwar and initiate establishment of Risis traditions at this place which was once a tapasthali. I had gradually started entrusting my routine responsibilities to my wife. She had been my life-partner in two of the three previous births. During this life also, she has played the role of an inseparable soul mate and companion. In fact, her dedication, devotion and disposition for service have served as the bedrock for all my achievements. She gladly molded herself according to my wishes and stood firm in all adverse circumstances. My family background was of a rural landlord while she failed from an urban family. But when the question of merging with each other arose we effortlessly united and became one. I donated my village land for building a school there and the money received from zamindari bonds was used for purchasing land for Gayatri Tapobhumi. Her self-surrender and sacrifice have helped me in achieving exemplary heights in the realms of spiritual growth and of the society.
During my earlier pilgrimage to the Himalayas in the years 1953-60, w2hen I stayed there for about one-and-a-half year, my wife had taken upon herself the responsibility of publication and organizing the mission in my absence. Then, after ten years, I again went the Himalayas in 1971 leaving behind a large far-flung spiritual family. Gayatri parivar needed a patron in visible form who could give them love, guidance and affection. Mother alone can console a child in moments of pain and distress. Mataji (My wife) undertook and ideally discharged this responsibility. Even three years before proceeding on the pilgrimage, I remained on long tours and at that time Mataji used to look after and give solace to parijans who visited Mathura. I received her constant cooperation in living a life totally dedicated to the wellbeing and service of society. With a paltry amount of rupees two hundred she to maintain a family of five persons and external hospitality to the visitors. Never was anybody sent back disappointed.
This life which we lived at Mathura was like a precious trust on which not only the foundation of the life-transforming mission was laid but persons having strong shoulders were also found who carry the responsibility on my gradual withdrawal from the visible scene of day-to-day organizational work.
Some mysterious events at Mathura

The activities which I was directed to undertake at Mathura appeared to be difficult in the beginning, according to my knowledge and competence, in the absences of material and human resources, experience and wisdom. Then how could such a stupendous work is done? When Gurudev saw that I was losing courage he took the reins in his hands. Only my body was utilized. The work was done by the puppeteer himself to whose tune I simply danced as a puppet. The only credit that I can claim is that I gladly danced to his tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment