Sunday, May 31, 2015

Aradhana that was uninterruptedly pursued 2


Capital is needed for aradhana(public service). How can a person who is hungry himself distributed food to others? Wherefrom would this capital come? Gurudev had told me 9on the very first day of my meeting with him, "Whatever you possess, learn to sow it in the form of seed in the field of Supreme God, the Virat Brahma." On sowing, one grain is bound to multiply hundred times. Gurudev quoted the insrance of Jalaram Bapa who was a cultivator. He used to spend all his savings in feeding the needy. God was extremely pleased with him and give him such a perennial bag, the contents of which never got exhausted. Free kitchen which he started is still working at Virpur, a village in Gujarat in which thousands of devoted people take food every day A person who invests his money who accumulates, keeps his money for public weal gets ready and glad cooperation. However, a person who accumulates keeps his money unused and goes on amassing more and more is always cursed and ridiculed by the people.
Under Gurudev's direction, I decided to surrender my all viz. (1) competences to do physical labor; (2) capacity to do work mental work; (3) sentiments and feelings and (4) ancestral property, at the feet of god. There was nothing self-earned. I applied all the aforesaid four-fold wealth with deep faith and devotion for specific purposes and the return was hundred times more. I did physical work for twelve hours daily and never got tired. My efficiency on the other hand went on increasing.  Even at this age, I have the capacity to work as hard as a young man. Both mental and physical works were done side by side and old age gas never adversely affected my work and morale.

I have immensely loved people and have been in return profusely loved by them. Besides getting personal affection, respect and goodwill, people whole-heartedly responded to my appeals for working for this mission.  An outstanding example of this is construction of 2400 Pragyapithas within a short period of two years. In the beginning, I started with my own money. Gayatri Tapobhumi was built with money; I got by disposing of my ancestral property. In my6 place of birth, a high school was built. Later, a Saktipitha was also constructed there. I had little hope that [people will give so much without expecting anything in return. The complex of Gayatri Tapobhumi, Mathura, Shantikunj, Gayatri Teerth and Brahmavarchas Research Institute at Haridwar are examples of the fact that on being sown, a seed multiplies by hundred times. Due to lack of faith people conceal what they have in their possession, beg for donations and pray God that they may win a lottery. If a beginning is made with complete self-surrender, the result is bound to be astonishing. A devotee who built the Saktipitha (Gayatri Temple) at Junagarh (Gujarat) made a beginning by selling his utensils. It is pre- amongst all the Saktipithas which have been built so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment