Monday, May 18, 2015

The sunrise of my life's fortune 3


It was the pre-dawn hour (brahma muhurta) of the auspicious day of Basant Pancami and I was busy with my daily routine of worship when I had the concrete vision of the divine personage enveloped in a column of light and he, on his own, provided answers to all doubts, questions and queries that had been lurking in my mind. I saw my past three lives one after the other from the beginning till the end, which were all for divine work and during which I had been instrumental in playing crucial roles in teh regeneration and upliftment of the society and had initiated integrative and inclusive paths of Sadhana in tune with the needs of the times, under the guidance of that Devatma who was standing before me. All that had earlier appeared to be strange vanished from my mind and a feeling of deep intimacy, affinity and gratefulness awakened in my rejuvenated and awakened soul. My family, whom I had considered my kith and kin, appeared to be alien and I started regarding this Devatma, who was before me in the form of a column of light, as the soul of my soul. I felt that my past and future were linked with him. I had no other aspiration and nothing to claim as my own but to follow rigorously and faithfully the directions of my master. This is what is called true surrender. I surrendered myself at that moment to that divine soul and regarded him not only my guide but equivalent to Divinity Itself. This relationship has been maintained for the past sixty-three years and I have been forging ahead wholeheartedly and unhesitatingly on the path indicated by him. No questions or doubts have ever arisen in my mind as to my capability to accomplish his will or what results my efforts will bear.

That day I learnt one more lesson; that the grace of divine souls is granted only for public good, for the growth of righteous attitudes and tendencies in humanity and it is not showered on anyone who hankers after fame or material prosperity. These enlightened souls have no kith or kin, opponent or rival. The all-pervading Spirit, manifested as Soul of Humanity, is their Deity and they yoke their chosen and beloved souls in the service of the Divine in humanity. In the light of this new insight, I at once recollected the master - disciple relationship of Ramkrishna - Vivekananda, Samarth Ramdas  - Shivaji, Chanakya - Chandragupta, Gandhi - Vinoba, Buddha - Ashoka. Where, however, the relationship is based on mere exhibition of funny and frolicsome miracles, it should be construed that a reprehensible tendency like jugglery is going on between the so-called Guru and his disciple. Gandhbaba could create small of any flower, Baghbaba used to call a tiger in his cottage. Samadhibaba remained buried under the ground for a number of days, Siddhababa fulfilled desires of the supplicants. Several such folk tales came to mind and I could understand how such people could have been deemed great merely for exhibitions of jugglery of the level of mesmerism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment