Friday, May 22, 2015

First Call of Gurudev: Tests at every step


The matter of Gurudev's invitation to the Himalayas went on increasing like Matsyavatar. There is a story in the Purana that a tiny fish happened to enter Brahma's kamandalu (water pot). When Brahma took water in his palm for sipping, it magnified and covered the entire palm. Brahma dropped it in a pitcher, where instantly it became double the size of the pitcher. Then Brahma threw it in a rear by pond, where it outgrew the dimensions of th pond. Finally, Brahma released it into the ocean, where the tiny-looking fish magnified itself to cover the whole of the ocean. It was then that Brahma understood the mystery that the tiny fish was the incarnation of Visnu. Brahma then praised the Lord and sought His directions. The Matsyavatar (Visnu incarnated as fish) then dematerialized itself, after fulfilling the purpose of the incarnation.
The chain of events in my life was almost similar. My spiritual life commenced when Gurudev got me initiated by Malviyaji, who had performed my yagopavit (sacred thread) ceremony and had explained to me the procedure of Gayatri jap. I was then a small child, yet I regarded it as a gospel truth and followed it strictly without any interruption. I followed the principle of 'no food without sadhana'. This will continue till the last breath.
Thereafter, at the age of fifteen I had the vision of Gurudev in the form of light. He had directed me to perform Gayatri Mahapurascarana sadhana for twenty-four years so that I may become a true Brahmana. I was also directed to visit the Himalayas from time to time, as and when called, to get myself spiritually recharged, after undergoing rigorous tests. After each such encounter, I was entrusted with new and greater responsibilities. Whenever I stumbled Gurudev picked me up in his arms.

Hardly an year had passed after my first darsan of Gurudev in my room of worship on Basant parva in 1926, when I received a telepathic invitation in early 1927 to visit the Himalayas and meet him again on Basant pancami parva . This first pilgrimage lasted for about a month. Although I was eager, no doubt, to see that which, till then unseen. Others would not have even thought of visiting that region in that season peak winter and face the hardships, loneliness and danger from wild and ferocious animals. My hiugher self had to wage a stiff battle against phantoms of tears, safety, security, and disinclination to risk hazards for noble aims. This state of dilemma hardly remains ed for about twenty-fours. I informed my family members and started for the journey exactly the next day. They kept mum because they knew that my decisions did not change. It has been my practice throughout life, like Matsyavatar, to appear in toughest tests and come out of them flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment