Saturday, May 23, 2015

Clarifications about the outline of future programs 3


This program was chalked out by Devatma Gurudev and was in tune with my own inner aspirations. As a result of my association with saintly persons (satsang) and regular studies and contemplation (sadhana), I was fully convinced that by exercising control over the ten organs of sensation and action and the invisible mind, a person can get rid dispersion of life energy and his inner powers can be awakened. This is the highway for becoming a siddha purusa even while living this physical life. Restraints of the organs, restraint in respect of use of material wealth and time and restraint ff thoughts, these are four kinds of sanyam (self control). Once these are fully regulated and controlled a person gets liberated from lust, anger, greed, and attachment, attains self-transformation and acquires siddhis.
I WAnted to remain engrossed in tapascarya. But how could I do that? One who has surrendered himself to the divine will, has no choice of his own. Therefore, when I heard from Gurudev what I WAs required to do I was too happy to contain myself and started waiting anxiously for the appropriate time.
Gurudev said, "our talks are now over. Go to Gangotri where arrangements have been made for your stay, food etc. and start your sadhana sitting on Bhagirath Shila, Gouri Kund. After completing austerities at Bhagirath Shila I returned home. During the return journey I did not face the type of difficulties which had tested me at every step of the onward journey. They were the tests in which I had succeeded.

When I came back home, my weight had increased by eighteen pounds and my face had filled up and become radiant with an inner glow. My vitality had considerably increased. I was always in a jovial mood. People asked for prasad of Gangaju, I gave a pinchful of sand of Gangotri and some water of Gomukh as prasad to everyone. This was the only tangible thing which I had brought with me. In fact, this pilgrimage was an important turning point in my life. Although I had visited the Himalayas subsequently also and it is my spiritual home, the very first darsam (sight_ of the imperceptible divine Risis who controlled and orchestrated from behind the scenes the affairs of this earth, during my visit with Gurudev left an indelible imprint on my inner self. I had also an inkling of the aim of my life, my future program and also about the awakened souls who were to associate with me as my colleagues. My first visit to the Himalayas is a story of experiences which can give real inspiration to genuine seekers of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment