Tuesday, September 8, 2015

SHEIKH ON A TRAIN


Sheikh Chilli was four years old when he sat in a train for the first time with his father and mother.
Train tickets were not required for children below three years. Sheikh was four years old but Sheikh's father did not buy a ticket for Sheikh because he wanted to save money. He bought only two tickets, one for himself and the other for his wife.
The train was on its way when the ticket checker came to check their tickets.
After checking his parents' tickets the ticket checker asked for Sheikh's train ticket.
His father said, "My son does not need a ticket as he is only three years old"
"I don't think he is three years old. He looks much older," remarked the checker.
"Is he your son or mine?" asked the father angrily.
"Yours, thank God! But he looks so big!" exclaimed the checker.
"What can I do about his size? I am telling you, he is three years old," insisted his father.
Sheikh wanted to say something, but his father glared at him daring him to say anything.
"You tell me, child. How old are you?" asked the checker looking at Sheikh.
Then Sheikh spoke up, "At home! I Am four years old but in te train I am three years old"
"What are you saying? Keep quiet," shouted Sheikh's father.
Sheikh asked, "Why are you telling lie, father? You know I am four years old."
The ticket checker pointed out to the father, "See I was right. You were telling a ie."
The father was caught on the wrong foot so he said, "I am sorry."
The ticket checker said, "I should take a huge fine from you, but I will not take it because your son is so honest. But make sure never to do this again."

The father asnwered, "How nice of you! Now I will never travel by train without a ticket for Sheikh. Today my son has taught me a lesson that we should always be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment