Tuesday, September 8, 2015

EGG OR MANGO?


Sheikh Chilli was walking back home when he saw Babban coming with something in his hand. Sheikh felt very curious to know what Babban was holding in his hand.
He went to Babban and asked, "What do you have in your hand?"
As usual Babban wanted to tease Sheikh Chilli, so he hid the egg he had in his hand behind his back.
He replied, "You are so wise Sheikh. Why don't you tell me what I have in my hand?"
Sheikh felt very proud of himself and said, "Then ask me, Babban"
Babban repeated question, "Ok Sheikh, Can you tell me what is in my hand?"
Sheikh thought for some time and then shrugged saying, "My brain is not working. Give me some hints. Only then can I guess."
Babban said, "It has a yellow yolk in the centre. It has white jelly outside the yolk and is covered with a white shell."
Sheikh thought for a long time but in vain. It was very difficult for him.
Then suddenly Sheikh looked at Babban with his eyes shining brightly and smiled, "I have got the answer. It is simple."
"Tell me", said Babban.
"What you have in your hand is a mango in the middle. Right, isn't it? Enquired Sheikh eagerly.
"What else?" asked Babban?
"The mango has curd all around it, said Sheikh.
"Aha! Very good thinking, what else? Muttered Babban, now really amused.
"The curd is kept in a pot which is painted white," described Sheikh further.
Babban laughed, "How clever of you Sheikh. No one else could have answered this."
Babban walked away thinking why the stupid Sheikh was not able to understand that he had an ordinary egg in his hand. He laughed for a very long time at Sheikh's stupidity.

On the other hand Sheikh Chilli also laughed for a long time thinking why the stupid Babban had put a mango in curd in a white painted pot. "What would he do with it? Silly fellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment