Sunday, August 9, 2015

A MOTHER'S BEATIFUL CHILD


Akbar once said to his courtiers, " I think that my grandson, Khurram is really a beautiful child. What do you all think?"
The courtiers wanted to please Akbar, so they all said," Your Highness, Prince Khurram is the most beautiful child."
Birbal kept sitting quietly.
Akbar asked him,"What is the matter Birbal? You don't seem to agree with me and the others in the court. Don't you find my Khurram to be the most beautiful child?"
Birbal stood up and bowed before Akbar and said, " I think it is very difficult to test what is beautiful and what is not. There is no real test for beauty."
Akbar felt bad and said,"No Birbal, I do not agree with you. A rose is beautiful and a crow ugly to all."
Wanting to prove Birbal wrong, Akbar then said to all the courtiers, "I order each of you to bring a child each to find the most beautiful child of all."
The next day, all the courtiers, except Birbal, bought a child each.
After looking at all the children, Akbar said, "I still think that my grandson, Khurram is best looking."
Akbar asked Birbal, Why have you not brought a child, Birbal?"
"I could not find my child who was perfect," said Birbal.
Akbar asked, " Birbal, you still don't agree that my Khurram is the most handsome out of all the children?"
"Please give me some time. I will have to search for one," said Birbal.
"As you wish, Birbal said, Your Majesty, I have at last found the most beautiful child in Agra, but the mother will not let the child here because she loves the child a lot."
Akbar said, "We will go to her house and see the child there."
Akbar ordered the courtiers to accompany him to see the child. Everyone quickly got ready to leave, for they all were eager to see the most beautiful child, as Birbal had claimed. Then they started walking, with Birbal leading the way.

They soon reached the slums where poor people lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment