Thursday, August 13, 2015

A CHILD WINS


One day, Akbar felt angry because he needed Bibal in the court but he was not there and came late. After he became to the court, he went straight to Emperor Akbar.
Birbal bowed and said, "Your Majesty, please pardon me. I am sorry. I am late."
Akbar was so happy to see Birbal that he said, "It does not matter. There must have been something very important. But just tell me, why are you late, Birbal?"
Birbal said, "Well, My Lord. My four years old son's toy broke and he would not let me go till it was mended."
Akbar laughed and said, "So you came late to the court because you cannot manage a four-year-old child?"
Birbal stood quietly as everyone started making fun of his incapability to manage one small child.
Birbal said, "Sometimes small children can be very difficult to handle."
Akbar did not agree. He said, "Bring your-year-old child here and I will handle him myself. Then learn from me how a child should be managed."
The next day, Birbal brought h is four-year-old son to the court and leaving him with Akbar, went away for a while.
After the usual greetings, Akbar asked, "Well, son what would you like to eat?"
The child said boldly, sugarcane."
Akbar ordered sugarcane to be cut and brought for the child so that the child could eat it with ease. When the cut pieces of sugarcane were given to the child, he said, "Why have you cut this?"
Akbar asked, "How do you want it?"
The child said, "I want a full stick."
Akbar ordered the servant, "Immediately take this cut sugarcane and quickly bring another uncut stick."
The child interrupted, "No. I want this sugarcane only one none other."
"But just now you said that you wanted a whole stick," said Akbar.
"Yes, one whole stick. Join these cut pieces back because I want only this sugarcane," said the child adamantly.
Akbar said, "But that is not possible Take another whole stick."
The child started crying loudly saying, "I want this sugarcane only. Join the cut pieces. It is your fault. Why did you cut it? I want only this sugarcane add none other." by now the child had started howling.
Akbar said, 'My dear child, ask for anything else and I will give it to you but this sugarcane cannot be joined."
But the child would not listen. Completely fed up with the adamant child, Akbar sent for Birbal.
When Birbal came to pick up the child, Akbar said, 'Birbal, you were very right. Sometimes, a child can be very difficult to please."

When Birbal came to pick up the child, Akbar said, "Birbal, you were very right. Sometimes, a child can be very difficult to please."

No comments:

Post a Comment