Friday, September 11, 2015

YET ANOTHER JOB


Sheikh roamed around till he reached a friend's house in another town. The friend got him a job as a gardener.
In those days people kept horse carriages to go from one place to another.
After some days of working as a gardener, the master asked him, "Can you drive a horse carriage?"
"Yes, master," said Sheikh.
"The coachman has not come today to drive the carriage and we have to go out. You take us," ordered the master
Sheikh did not like the rude manner in which his master was speaking, but he kept quiet and just obeyed.
The master and his wife climbed into the horse carriage. The master was in a hurry.
He said, "Let us go"
Sheikh started driving the carriage and asked, "Where do we have to go?"
Then the master said, "Go straight. I will tell you when to turn, but listen, you should not speak till I ask you something."
"Yes, master," nodded Sheikh and kept quiet after that.
The master and his wife went for some shopping and then came back to the carriage.
As his master's wife was climbing the carriage steps, Sheikh saw her purse fall down on the road, but he did not tell them.
They had been very rude to him, so he made up his mind to teach them a lesson.
He drove on and then all of a sudden the lady screamed, "Oooh! My purse. I don't have my purse. I must have dropped it somewhere."
Sheikh kept quiet as even his master looked around for the purse.
Sheikh kept quiet as his master and his wife fought over her being so careless.
Then the master said, "Ask this stupid Sheikh, "Did you see my purse?"
"Yes, I have seen it," admitted Sheikh.
"Where is it?" asked the lady.
"It fell down when you climbed into the carriage," informed her Sheikh.
"Why didn't you tell us?" she questioned.
"The master had told me to speak only when he spoke to me," said Sheikh stubbornly.

That kept them quiet. They spoke to him only once more, to order him to leave the job at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment