Sunday, August 9, 2015

UNDER FIRE 1


On the fixed day, people gathered to see Birbal go to heaven.
Birbal went and stood on the pile of hay. As the hay was put on fire, Birbal quickly slipped into the tunnel under the hay and ran home safety.
For six months, he hid in his house and did not meet anyone. He let his hair and beard grow.
His enemies rejoiced for they were happy to get rid of the clever Birbal.
After six months, Birbal left his house and went to the Emperor's court.
Akbar was very happy to have Birbal back safe and sound.
He welcomed Birbal and said, "How nice that you could go yo heaven. Did you meet my ancestors?"
"Yes I did, Your Majesty," said Birbal. "Tell me, how are they all? Are they comfortable in heaven?" asked Akbar.
"Yes, you're Majesty. They are really happy there and have no problems, except one," said Birabal.
"What is that? I will see to it that their problem is solved immediately," said Akbar.
"My Lord, there is no Barbar in the heaven. All your ancestors want you to do something about it," said Birbal.
"What do they want?" asked Akbar.
"They want a barber to be sent to cut their hair and give them a shave," said Birbal.
"But whom can I send?" asked Akbar.
Birbal said, "Your Majesty, your own barber would be the best to send."
Akbar ordered the royal barber to be burnt with hay just as Birbl.
The scared barber fell at Akbar's feet crying, "Mercy, Your Majesty. Don't burn me. I will die."
Birbal said, "NO, you won't die. See I have come back from heaven."
The barber said, "I don't know how you came back but I will certainly be burnt to death. My Lord, I was forced to do this by Birbal's enemies."
Akbar was very angry and said, "No one can force a person to do anything bad. I think you just die all this for money."

Akbar then punished the two courtiers and the barber. The whole court applauded Birbal for his clever thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment