Thursday, August 13, 2015

A CHARIOT FOR BIRBAL


Akbar was very busy in the court, when a messenger came and said, "My Lord, the Queen wants you to meet her now."
Akbar said, "Tell her that I am busy."
After sometime, the messenger come again and said, "Your Highness, teh Queen wants you to meet her at once."
Akbar got off the throne to go to his wife. As he was going, he saw Birbal smile, which annoyed him.
Akbar shouted at Birbal, "This smile is an insult to me. How dare you make fun of me, Birbal! You must be punished for this."
Birbal stood up as Akbar ordered, "Go away from here at once, and never ever put your foot on this ground."
Birbal walked out and went home. For many days, no one saw Birbal in the court. Actually, they didn't see him anywhere. Even Akbar began missing Birbal, for he always made him laugh.
One day, Akbar was standing by the window when he saw Birbal on a chariot. He shouted to a servant, "Go and call Birbal at once."
The servant ran outside. Birbal did not come inside but brought his chariot near t window where Akbar was standing.
Akbar pretended to be angry and said, "Birbal, why are you here? I told you not to put your foot here again."
Birbal said, "I am following your orders, Your Majesty."
I told you to go but you have come back. You did not obey me," Said Akbar.
Birbal said, "My Lord, you had said that I should not put my foot on your ground ever again. I am obeying you."
But you are in the city," said Akbar.
"I am on a chariot, Your Majesty and not on the ground," said Birbal.
"So what?" asked Akbar.
Birbal said, "Your Majesty, 'ground' also means soil. So I went to the next kingdom and got soil from there."
Akbar was shocked that the man had stolen the real ring. For s moment he stood still.  He regained his composure for he knew how important the seal was.

He started shouting, "Thief! Thief! Catch him."

No comments:

Post a Comment