Monday, March 16, 2015

Fact statements


Once Mahsrishi Dhanvantari had an ulcer on his back. He wanted a medicine for its cure and went in search of a medicinal herb. He wondered far and wide examining so many varieties of plants and their qualities, but without success.
While returning from his wanderings, one day, a herbal plant situated very near his ashram addressed him thus: "I am the medicine for your ailment. Make use for me."
The Rishi inquired "Why didn't you inform me beforehand? You made me wander so long?"
The plant replied, "If I had made myself available to you so easily, there wrould have been no opportunity for you to investigate the qualities of so many plants and herbs."
In the absence of hard work and obstacles, how can a life of toil win glory?

The leading scientist of his age, Nagarjuna was looking for a competent assistant. Many persons applied for the post. Nagarjuna wanted a person who was not only talented and energetic but also imbued with tender emotions. High level work responsibility cannot be met without an emotional input.
The applicants were asked to perform variety of unusual tasks through which their basic aptitude and inclination were tested. Many failed to meet the required standards and had to return empty handed.
One aspirant was sent out on an errand. he took a long time to return. When asked about the delay he replies, "On the way I came across the scene of an accident. Many persons were lying injured. I applied myself to tending to them and remained there till proper arrangements for their treatment and care had been made." The sage-scientist Nagarjuna saw in the student ample measure of tender emotions besides merit and energy. He selected the student.

·        The sign of dawning knowledge is to feel that as yet I know little or nothing.

·        As music needs the hollowness of the flute so does holiness the absence of the self (ego).

No comments:

Post a Comment