Tuesday, July 21, 2015

THE QUEST FOR THE PEARL 2


The male bird said, "If he sprays water on his face with our white feathers, he will be safe. Afterwards, he can come back to his normal form by taking a bath."
When the birds flew off some of their feathers dropped on the ground near Hatim. Hatim quickly picked up the feathers and died as the birds had said.
Then he began his journey. On his way, he saw a snake entering the nearby bushes, But instead of a snake, a young man cane out of the bushes.
The young man happily and excitedly walked towards Hatim and introduced himself.
He said, "I am a prince. I was cursed by a witch to become a snake."
"How did you become a prince again?" asked Hatim.
The young man said, "I regained my original form only because of you. I was told that if an honest man comes near me, I would become a prince again. Many men have been near me, but only yours presence could free me from the curse."
"I am glad I could help you," said Hatim.
"I want to help you too. What can I do for you?" asked the prince.
"Just tell me the way I should take to reach the place where there's a pearl of the size of a duck's egg," asked Hatim.
The prince said, "I will take you there in a flying machine. Sitting in it, you can go wherever you want in a short span of time."
The young man took Hatim to the flying machine and asked him to sit in it.

While going in the flying machine, Hatim saw a young man sadly wandering in the forest below.

No comments:

Post a Comment