Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy Married Life


Every Grahastha yogi should adopt these mantras whole heartedly. He must chant them several times during the day. He may write these on a small card and carry it along and he should read them whenever he gets time, contemplating upon each written word. If possible, he should frame it in a poster and hand it upon a wall in his room. Early in the morning while getting up from sleep he must read these mantras a few times before getting busy in the daily chores, and take a vow that he would try his best throughout the day to deep sentiments hidden in these words and that he would sincerely try to match his conduct with these thoughts. For one who leaves his bed contemplating upon these mantras, this effect would stay with him throughout the day. The instructions given to the inner unconscious mind early in the morning go very deep; they do not fade in the memory easily and recur in the conscious mind at the right time.

Every Morning a Grahastha Yogi must chant ------
·        I am a Grahastha Yogi
·        My life is oriented towards Sadhana
·        What do others do, how they do it, what they ssay and think - I do not care, for I am satisfied with myself.
·        My true sadhana of performing my duties is so great, so satisfying, calming and fulfilling that it suffuses my soul with bliss.
·        I shall continue my enriching, blissful sadhana uninterruptedly
·        I shall always perform all my duties towards my home with selfless attitude.
This oath must get firmly ingrained in mind. Whenever the mind begins to waver and infirmities appear to set in, this oath must be reaffirmed with sincerity.
Before falling asleep in the night all the actions during the day should be thought over again:
·        What activities did I do today that were related to my family?
·        What were my errors in carrying these out?
·        What inappropriate actions did I perform out of selfishness?
·        What wrongs did I do unintentionally?
·        Which actions were good, appropriate and in perfect accordance with the tenets of Grahastha Yoga?

All the activities done for the family must be divided into these categories and then means to correct the errors made must be found out. Adopting the process of --searching for mistakes and errors, accepting them, being ashamed of them and putting sincere, honest efforts to correct them, one can reduce one's mistakes day-by-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment