Sunday, September 20, 2015

INSIDE THE TENT


It was a cold day. A trader was travelling through the desert on his camel.
As it became dark, the traders stopped to rest. He put a tent to protect himself from the cold icy winds.
The tent was very small so the trade came in and lay down inside, while the camel was left outside.
A very strong wind started blowing and it become very cold. The camel tolerates the cold for some time.
Then he asked his master, "May I bring my head and neck inside the tent?"
The master moved to one side and said, "Yes, you may. It is cold outside."
The camel then put his head and neck inside the tent. He sat like that for some time.
Then the camel requested his master, "May I put my forelegs too inside?"
"Yes" said the kind trader, and shifted to the corner of the tent. They sat like this for a while.
It was getting colder and colder. In spite of the tent, the trader sat with his teeth chattering.
Then again the camel asked, "Can I shift in a bit? It is very cold outside."
The trader shifted a bit and let the camel slide in a bit more.
Then the camel said, "Half my body is outside, and I am shivering due to the cold winds. Can I come inside the tent, a little more?"
"That is true", replied the trader, his teeth chattering with the cold wind coming into the tent. So the camel brought his entire body inside the tent.
The tent was too small for both of them. The master tried to squeeze in one corner, and seeing this the camel spread out in the small tent.
All this while, it was getting colder and colder. The wind began to blow harder and the trader pulled his robe closer to his body.
The camel then said, "I want the whole tent to myself. The tent is very small for both of us, so I stay in and you go out."
The selfish camel then nudged his master out of the tent.

The master was amazed at the selfishness of the camel. The camel lay inside the warmth of the tent while the poor master sat outside, shivering in the cold darkness of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment