Tuesday, September 15, 2015

HORSE BECOMES A HARE


The master did not have enough money to rebuild his burnt house.
His wife's father had a lot of money. So he went to his in-law's house to ask for monetary help.
He took Sheikh with him so that he would not do anything wrong at home.
On the way they reached an inn where they stayed the night. The master went inside the inn and left the hungry and sleepy Sheikh outside.
He told Sheikh, "Rub and massage the horse so that he is fresh in the morning."
Sheikh started rubbing the horse but he was very tired. Soon he fell asleep.
He woke up in the morning and when he looked around, the horse was not there.
Suddenly, in the grass nearby, he saw two ears. He held the ears and lifted them. It was a rabbit!
He held the scared rabbit high in the air. At that very time the master came out and ordered, "Bring my horse." Sheikh pointed at the rabbit.
The angry master said, "Sheikh, bring my horse."
Sheikh Chilli kept pointing at the rabbit. His master shouted, "Sheikh, get my horse. We have to go."
Then Sheikh lifted the rabbit higher and showed it to his master again.
"I don't want a rabbit. Bring my horse," commanded the master.
Sheikh answered "This is the horse."
The master was very very angry and shouted, "What do you mean?"
Sheikh replied, "Yesterday you told me to rub this horse."
"Yes," admitted the master.
"I rubbed the horse so much that the horse became a rabbit," said Sheikh and burst out laughing.
"Oh why did I give you this job? I am a real fool," lamented the master.
"Yes, master," agreed Sheikh, nodding his head and unable to control his laughter.
"Get lost. Leave the job. Take a year's salary and cut both my ears, but please go, Sheikh Chilli," pleaded the master.
"Keep your ear, master but give me the money," said Sheikh.

He took all the money and went back home very happy with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment