Sunday, August 9, 2015

UNDER FIRE


The clever and kind Birbal was liked a lot by most of the people in Akbar's court. But he also had some enemies. Two jealous courtiers went to the royal barber and said, "We have a plan. If you help us, we will give you a lot of money".
The barber was a greedy man so he agreed to do what the two men wanted.
The next day, the barber went to Emperor Akbar as planned.
He said to Akbar, "Your Majesty, I wonder how your ancestors are. Don't you ever worry about them? They must be angry with you for not thinking about them at all."
My ancestors are dead and in heaven and I am alive. How can I find out how they are?" asked Akbar.
The barber said, "Your Majesty, you can send someone from here to find out about their well being."
"But how can I send anyone to heaven?" asked Akbar.
The barber said, "Your Majesty, get a thousand bundles of hay piled up in an open field. Then a person can stand on the pile of hay and the hay be set on fire. The man will go straight to heaven with the smoke."
"But whom can I send?" asked Akbar, beginning to sense something fishy.
"Birbal of course, Your Majesty, He is the cleverest of us all and will do the best job." said the barber.
Akbar knew that Birbal had some enemies but he trusted Birbal to find a solution to this problem too.
So Akbar called Birbal to the court and said, "Birbal, you have to go to heaven to see if my ancestors need anything."
Birbal said, this is an excellent idea. You have thought well, Your Majesty."
"No Birbalm this is the idea of my clever barber," said Akbar.
Birbal understood and decided to teach the barbar a lesson.
Birbal said, "Your Majesty, I will certainly go to heaven. But could I go after some days because I have a few important matters to settle?"
"Sure Birbal. You finish your work and go after a week," Said Akbar.
Akbar ordered for a thousand bundles of hay to be collected on a field, which would be burnt to send Birbal heaven.akbar chose a field which was near Birbal's house.

Birabal asked some trusted men to dig a secret tunnel under the ground from the place where the hay was kept to his house, within seven days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment