Sunday, August 16, 2015

AKBAR'S JEALOUS WIFE


Akbar's wife had a brother named Hussain Khan who wanted to be a minister as he was related to the Emperor.
One day, Hussain requested his sister to help in making him a minister.
The next day, the queen pretended to be angry with Akbar.
Emperor Akbar asked, "Why are you upset, My Queen?"
She said, "I want you to make my brother a minister in place of Birbal."
Akbar replied, "Your brother is not competent enough to be a minister."
She said, "No, you have to make him a minister and that too in Birbal's place."
Akbar said, "But Birbal is doing well as a minister. How can I remove him?"
The Queen said, "Tell Birbal to do something that is not easy."
"Everything is easy for Birbal," said Akbar.
She said, "I will tell you what to do. Tomorrow when you go the garden for a walk, tell Birbal to bring me there. I will not come and then you can tell him that he will not remain a minister
"It won't work," said Akbar.
"It will work because I will not come no matter what happens," said the Queen.
The next day, Akbar sat in the royal garden pretending to be very upset.
He said, "My Queen is angry with me. She is not ready to meet me. Birbal, go and fetch my wife here. If you don't get her here then I will remove you from your post and appoint Hussain Khan instead."
Birbal said confidently, "She will be here in a short while."
Birbal first went to his own house and spoke with his loyal servant.
He then went to the Queen and said, "I have a message from the Emperor. He is waiting for you in the palace gardens."
Just then a man came running and whispered in Birbal's ears. The queen tried to listen but all she heard was, "She is very beautiful."
Birbal said to the queen, "Now everything is changed. You need not go."
Birbal went away but the queen started feeling very jealous. Who was this beautiful lady they had been talking about? The queen had to find out.
She ran to the garden and was surprised to find Akbar alone.
Akbar asked his queen, "Why have you come? You said that you wouldn't come at all, no matter what happens."
The queen then said, "I have been tricked, My Lord, by Birbal."
Then she told everything to Akbar who said, "See, I told you that Birbal was too clever to be fooled. He fooled you."
Birbal walked in and Akbar said, "So Birbal, you have fooled my wife too."
Birbal apologized, "I am sorry, My Queen."

The queen forgave him and made up her mind that she would never again think of removing a person as clever as Birbal from his post. It was nice that Birbal remained a minister for he was a great assets to the emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment