Thursday, August 13, 2015

A SEARCH FOR FOOLS



Emperor Akbar said one day, "Birbal, I want to meet the ten biggest fools in our city within a month."
Birbal bowed and replied, "I won't need such a long time."
As Birbal went through the city, he saw a man on a horse carrying a bundle of sticks on his head.
Birbal rode up to him and said, "Why are you carrying the bundle of sticks on your head? Keep it on the horse's back."
"My Lord, My horse is weak. How can he carry such a heavy load of sticks on his back. So I am carrying the sticks to lessen his load," The man said.
Birbal thought, "Foolish man, this way too the load is on the poor horse only. On, I have got my first fool."
Birbal said to the man, "Come with me and you may not have to carry boundles of sticks on your head at all."
The man agreed. As they went along Birbal saw a man resting with his arms spread wide open.
Birbal got off his horse and asked "What has happened to you? Let me help you move your hands around."
But before Birbal could even tough him, the man shouted, "Don't touch my hands. I can't move my hands. I have stretched my hands according to t size of the pot that my wife wants me to buy."
"What?!!!!" said Birbal, really surprised.
The man said, "See, if I move my hands then I will lose the size of the pot that my wife wants. I may get a smaller or a bigger pot, and my wife will be angry."
Birbal helped the man stand up but the man would not move his arms.
Birbal said to the man, "Put your hands down and come with me. I will get you pots of every size, Trust me, your wife will be very happy and not angry."
THEN THE man put his hands down and agreed to go with Birbal, Just as Birbal was about to mount his horse, a man came running and banged straight into Birbal.
Birbal shouted angrily, "What are you doing?"

The man said, "My job is to loudly call all the people to pray I gave a call just now and wanted to see how far my voice has travelled. So I was running after my voice to see how far it would go."

No comments:

Post a Comment