Thursday, August 13, 2015

A SEARCH FOR FOOLS 1


Birbal said, "Come with me and you will not have to run after your voice.'
He took the fools home and told his servants not to let them go anywhere, then he went out to look for other fools. He soon saw two men fighting. Birbal rushed to stop them.
He asked them, "Why are you fighting?"
The young man said, "The old man says that his tiger will eat my buffalo."
"But I cannot see any tiger or buffalo here," said Birbal, looking all around.
The old man said, "Look Sir, if God appears and grants us a wish each, then this man will wish for a buffalo and I for a tiger."
"And then, he will make his tiger eat my buffalo," the younger man interrupted.
Just then a voice said, "You are a fool to take these two fools seriously."
A man came and said to Birbal, "If you are not a fool, let my bones break and my blood run like this oil."
The man threw the jar of oil that he had and the oil spilled over the ground.
Then he cried, "What have I done? I have wasted my jar full of pure oil."
Birbal knew that he had found three new fools and he took them home with him.
It was a full moon night and as Birbal went out for a walk, he saw a man bent on the ground, looking for something.
Birbal asked, "What are you doing?" "I am looking for my ring," said the man.
"Where did you drop it?" asked Birbal. "Sir, I dropped the ring under that tree but it is so dark there. There is more moonlight here in the open, so I am looking for the ring here, "Said the man.
"Don't look for the ring. Come with me and I will buy you a more expensive ring, "said Burble.
The man agreed and went with him.
On the way, Birbal saw a man digging a hole. Then he looked up in the sky and started digging somewhere else. Then he dug at yet another place.
Birbal asked, "Why are you digging?" The man said, "I hid my money here." "Didn't you mark the place?" said Birbal.
The man said, "Of course, I did. I dug the hole under a cloud."
"Don't dig. Come with me and hid," said Birbal and took the fools home.
The next day, he took all the eight fools to the court.
"Here are the fools. I told you to get ten fools, "said Akbar.
Birbal said, "First tell me if you find them to be foolish enough, then I will bring you the last two fools." "Birbal told the court and Akbar about the eight fools.
Everyone had a hearty laugh and then Akbar said, "Now who are the other two fools, birbal?"
"Both of us are fools, "said Birbal."Me fool? Why?" asked Akbar.
"Yes, you are a fool for sending me to look for these fools," said Birbal.
"And why are you a fool?" asked Akbar.

"You are right, Birbal. You have done very well in finding the ten fools, "said Akbar laughingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment