Thursday, July 2, 2015

MANTHRA AND KEKAI 1


Manthra then reminded her, "You had saved king Dashratha's life in a war, and he had granted you two wishes. Now is the time to remind him of his promise and ask him to fulfill your wishes. Ask him to make Bharata the king and send Rama into exile for fourteen years."
Following Manthra's advice, Kekai went to the room of wrath. Wearing soiled clothes, with open hair and no ornaments, she sat as if angry with king Dashratha.
When Dashratha asked the reason, she said. "Do you remember that once when I saved your life, you granted me two wishes?"
Dashratha said, "Yes dear! I do remember."
Today I ask you to fulfill two of my wishes. Make Bharata the king of Ayodhya in place of Rama, and exile Rama for fourteen years." Said Kekai.
Dashratha was extremely shocked on hearing the words of his youngest queen. He repeatedly asked her to change her mind but to no avail.
Dashratha pleaded, "Please don't ask me to send Rama away. I love him more than my own life. I will die without him." But Kekai adamantly said that Rama would have to go. The king was deeply distressed and pained.
No one knew what was happening inside the palace. Everyone was ready to celebrate the coronation ceremony.
When the chief minister went to call king Dashratha, he was shocked to see Dashratha so heartbroken and sad. Kekai said, "Go and tell Rama that the king wants to meet him."
On being told that his father had asked for him, Rama rushed to meet him. Dashratha was so grieved that he could not speak to Rama.
Rama asked Kekai, Dear Mother, why is father not talking to me? Why is he so distressed?"
Kekai said, "Rama, your father had promised to fulfill two of my wishes, but now he is reluctant to fulfill them. His love for you stops him from honoring his word.
Rama said, "I will do anything for my father. He just has to tell me."
Dashratha could not speak those cruel words, so Kekai said, "Your father had granted me two wishes for having saved his life. I have asked for them now. Only you can honor your father's words."
Rama said, "Mother, I will bring true my father's promise to you."
Kekai said, "Then make Bharata the king in your place and go into exile for fourteen years."

Rama folded his hands and said, "I will do as you say, Mother. Please send for Bharat and let him sit in the coronation ceremony in my place."

No comments:

Post a Comment