Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The mantra 'As you sow, so shall you reap' which I followed all my life


When, after returning from the Himalayas to Hardwar, an outline of the structure of Shantikunj Asram was prepared, resources were needed for its establishment and expansion. It needed material resources, persons and heroic efforts to struggle hard against the challenges of the critical times. I had to be simultaneously vigilant and active on two fronts. On the one hand, I had to battle against the evil forces which were bent upon undoing all that had been achieved so far in the fields of culture, civilization and genuine human growth in consciousness. On the other hand, I had to engage myself in creative Endeavour of epoch proportions to usher in a happy, bright, peace filled future for humanity at large.
I had nothing to do for my own sake. God provides food even to tiny creatures and insects. Everybody gets up hungry in the morning but seldom does anyone sleep hungry at nightfall. From the very beginning, I had no passion, desire, lust and greed; and ego could not beguile me. Whatever I was doing was done for God's sake according to Gurudev's direction. He had entrusted these two tasks of struggle against the forces of darkness and of Divine creation, both of which I was doing enthusiastically. There was never any room for procrastination or evasion in my nature. By the grace of God, it was my habit from the very beginning to do whatever had to be done with full attention and enthusiasm.
As regards the resources necessary for new creation, Gurudev had always indicated the formula of sowing and reaping. A small single grain of maize or bajra, when it develops into a plant, yields more than hundred such grains. Draupati had torn a small portion of her sari and given it to a saint so that he could use it as langoti(a strip of cloth tucked round the waist) to cover his nudity. In course of time it magnified to such an extent that shri krishna had to rush with a huge bundle of saris to help her in the moment of her dire need. Gurudev said, "Whatever you want to get, start sowing its seed." I strictly followed this mantra and the result was according to his assurance.
Along with his physical form a human being gets astral and casual bodies, intellect and aspirations (feelings) from God. Money which one gets is either self-earned or inherited. I had not earned but has inherited ample property from my ancestors. In pursuance of Gurudev's directions, I used all my money, resources, intellect and aspirations for God's work. I performed worship (upasana) in the night and used my time and labor throughout the day in the service of Virat Brahma. This was my Sadhana.

Not only during waking hours, but even in my dreams my mind and intellect always remained engrossed in the pursuit of ways and means for promoting the welfare a mankind. My aspirations and feelings always remained absorbed in the Virat. I loved noble ideals and not objects or persons. Aspiration for uplifting the down-trodden always surged in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment