Tuesday, June 23, 2015

NANAK GETS AN ANSWER


After this incident, Nanak became very moody and sad. He would often get lost in deep thinking.
All times, he would not take the cattle out for grazing but would just sit and think. His mother and father noticed this change in Nanak. One day his parents tried to get him out of his sad and contemplative mood.
When he didn’t cheer up, his parents got more worried and thought that something had happened to Nanak. They called a doctor to check Nanak. When the doctor came, Nanak told him, “You will not be able to help me.”
Let me try, “Said the doctor.”
Nanak refused, “You won’t understand my pain. It is not the body, it’s my mind. You can go.”
The doctor asked, “If I go, who will help you?”
Nanak calmly said, “Whoever has given me the pain will get me out of this too.”
Slowly he nodded his head and stated, "Yes I have got the cure now.”
His father asked, “What is it Nanak?
Nanak replied with conviction, “I should leave everything in the hands of God.”
Then he smiled as if he had got the answer and the cure to his problem.
Soon he become normal again and started cheerful.
His parents realized that their son was not an ordinary boy. He was special and was among the few who meditate and contemplate on thinking beyond the world. But because Nanak was their only son, they would often get worried about his future.

His mother was patient and understanding towards him and accepted Nanak’s meditative mood as a sign of his connection with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment