Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Second round of pilgrimage and projection of the field of work 4


Gurudev explained in detail how the work at Mathura was to be done. He also indicated the outline of the work of translation of ancient scriptures, their publication and publicity and setting up of an organization of Gayatri Parivar.
I had assured Gurudev in my very first meeting with him that nothing would be left undone to carry out his directions. How were the needs of money and manpower to be met for the accomplishment of so huge a task? Gurudev read my mind, laughed and said, "Do not worry about these material and human resources. Start sowing whatever you possess. Its harvest will be hundredfold. All the tasks which have been entrusted to you will be fulfilled." Gurudev himself indicated to me what I possessed, how and when it was to be sown and how and when it would yield the rich harvest.
I kept everything which Gurudev said firmly in my mind. There was no question of forgetting it. How could a soldier forget the command of his general? I could not neglect or disregard what I was asked to do..
Our interaction concluded. This time I was directed to stay in the Himalayas only for six months. All necessary arrangements were made for my stay. Gurudev's Virbhadra left me at Gomukh. I reached the indicated destination and stayed there for six months. When I returned home my health was much better. My happiness and earnestness had increased. It was reflected on my face. People started saying that there was some haven of happiness and comfort in the Himalayas to which I periodically returned and from which I returned every time far healthier and happier.
I now prepared to shift to Mathura. I had visited Mathura once but did not know anybody there. There was great scarcity of houses in those days at Mathura. I went in search of a small house suitable for the publication of Akhand Jyoti. After considerable search, I found a house in Ghiyamandi which was lying vacant for quite a long time. The land-lady was an old woman. When I asked about the rent, she said it was fifteen rupees per month. She handed over the key of the house to me. I went inside and found that in all there were fifteen rooms in it. Although the house was in a dilapidated condition, it was not costly from my point of view. I paid one month's rent in advance. The land-lady was extremely happy.

I went to my village, brought my family and luggage's and started living in it. There was some whispering in the whole locality as if my decision to live in this house was a matter of astonishment. On enquiry, I was told this was a house haunted by ghosts. Whosoever had come to live in it had suffered loss of life and property; and nobody could stay here long. I was told that being an outsider, I had been befooled, because nobody could have rented out such a huge, three-storages house having fifteen rooms, for a paltry monthly rent of rupees fifteen. I was warned that I would be harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment