Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Bhagavad-Gita The Song Divine Chapter 7 (stanza 1-11)


Sri Bhagavan said: Arjun, now listen how with the mind attached to Me (through exclusive love) and practicing Yoga with absolute dependence on Me, you will know Me, the repository of all power, strength and glory and other attributes, the Universal soul, in entirety and without any shadow of doubt. ……………… (1)
I shall unfold to you in its entirety this wisdom (knowledge of God in His absolute formless aspect) along with the Knowledge of the qualified aspect of God (both with form and without form), having known which nothing else remains yet to be known in this world.  (2)
Hardly one among thousands of men strives to realize Me; of those striving Yogis, again some rare one, devoting himself exclusively to Me. knows Me in reality. ………… (3)
Earth, water, fire, air, either, mind, reason and also ego - these constitute My nature divided into eight parts. This indeed is My lower (material) nature; the other than this, by which the whole universe is sustained, know it to be My higher (or spiritual nature in the form of Jiva (the life-principle), O Arjun.  ………………. (4-5)
Arjun, know that all beings have evolved from this twofold prakrti, and that I am the source of the entire creation, and into Me again it dissolves. …..  (6)
There is nothing else besides Me, Arjun. Like clusters of yarn-beads formed by knots on a threat, all this is threaded on Me. ……………….. (7)
Arjun, I am the sapidity in water and the radiance in the moon and the sun: I am the sacred syllable OM in all the Vedas, the sound in either and virility in men. ……… (8)
I am the pure odor (the subtle principle of smell) in the earth and the brightness in fire; nay, I am the life in all beings and austerity in the ascetic. …………………. (9)
Arjun, know Me the eternal seed of all beings, I am the intelligence of the intelligent; the glory of the glorious am I.  ………………….. (10)

Arjun, of the mighty, I am the might, free from passion and desire; in being I am the sexual desire not conflicting with virtue or scriptural injunctions,  …………… (11)

No comments:

Post a Comment