Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bhagavad-Gita The Song Divine Chapter 10 (stanza 26-34)


Among all trees, I am Asvattha (the holy fig tree); among the celestial sages, Narads; among the Gandharvas (celestial musician), Citraratha, and among the Siddhas, I am the sage Kapila. ………… (26)
Among horses, know me to be the celestial horse Uccaihsrava, begotten of the churning of the ocean alone with nectar; among mighty elephants, Airavata (Indra's elephant), and among men, the king. ………….. (27)
Among weapons, I am the thunderbolt; among cows, I am the celestial cow Kamadhenu (the cow of plenty). I am the sexual desire which leads to procreation (as enjoined by the scriptures); among serpents, I am Vasuki. ……… (28)
Among Nagas (a special class of serpents), I am the serpent-god Ananta; and I am Varuna, the lord of aquatic creatures. Among the manes, I am Aryama (the head of the Pitrs); and among rulers, I am Yama (the god of death). …………. (29)
Among the Daityas, I am the great devotee Prahlada; and of calculators, I am time; among quadrupeds, I am the lion; and among birds, I am Garuda. ………. (30)
Among purifiers, I am the wind; among wielders of arms, I am Sri Rama. Among fishes, I am the shark; and among streams, I am the Gangas. …………. (31)
Arjun, I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all creations. of all knowledge, I am the knowledge of the soul (metaphysics); among disputants, I am the right type of discussion. ………… (32)
Among the sounds represented by the various letters, I am 'A' (the sound represented by the first letter of the alphabet); of the different kinds of compounds in grammar, I am the copulative compound. I am verily the endless Time (the devourer of Time, God); I am the sustainer of all, having My face on all sides. …………. (33)
I am the all-destroying Death that annihilates all, and the origin of all that are to be born. Of felinities, I am Kirti, Sri Vak, Smrti, Medha, Dhrti and Ksama (the goddesses presiding over glory, prosperity, speech memory, intelligence, fortitude and forbearance, respectively). (34)

No comments:

Post a Comment