Saturday, March 7, 2015

Upasana


·         Upasana means coming closer to the object of adoration. When wood and fire come closer to each other, wood becomes fire. Likewise, I surrendered myself to God (My Guru) and told Him "Whatever power, wealth, intellect, etc, I possess, are yours; please order me what I have to do". This is called Upasana. It is essentially characterized by the surrender of one's thoughts, emotions, faith and resources. My Upasana comprises solely of surrender and faith. I have merged myself with my God like a rivulet merging itself with the river and in the process have achieved the status, power and form of the river (my guru). Why don't you too mix with your God and say "I surrender to thee, please use me." My Upasana overshadowed my Self like this. I have assimilated the devotion of Upasana in my life like the loyality and fidelity of a devotee wife towards her husband. You too will have to dedicate yourself to your God to achieve something worthwhile in life. (Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya)
·         It is important that our thoughts be constantly for the best that could happen in a situation.
·         We have bigger houses but smaller families; more conveniences but less time, more degrees but less commonsense; more medicines but less wellness.
·         We have learnt to rush but not to wait; we have higher income but lower morals; more efforts but less success.
·         It was the first day of the battle of Mahabharata; both the armies were face to face, resolved to kill or be killed. The battle was about to start when Yudhishther got down from his chariot, walked towards the Kauravas battle formation and bowed before Gure Dronacharya, Pitamah Bheeshma and other elders and sought their benedictions. Arjuna asked Krishna - "Lors what is the great emperor doing?" At this Lord Krishna said - Arjuna! The great kind Yudhisther has won half the Mahabharata by showing respect towards his elders and mentors in the opposite camp. This has earned for him their good wishes and blessings and won their hearts. Now only their physical valor is left on the other side. Thus only half the Mahabharata remains to be won; so now join the battle resolutely to achieve the assured victory.
·         When we pray we stop trying to control life and remember that we belong to life.
·         Maa Sharadamani, the soul mate of Ramkrishna Paramhansa, used to run a separate Satsanga (a congregation of woman). The majority of women in it was of religious temperament and belonged to reputed fakilies.
A prostitute also started coming to the Satsanga. This displeased the other women and they started insisting on the Mother (Sharadamani) not to let her join the Satsanga.

Maa replied with gravity - "Satsanga is the Holy Ganga. its sanctity is not undermined even when fish and frogs dwell in it. Recognize the purifying potential of Satsanga and consider yourselves equivalent to the waters of the Ganga".

No comments:

Post a Comment