Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fulfilling Happy Married life


When one comes face to face with personal shortcomings during self-introspection, one must not feel dejected. One must strengthen these feelings ……
·         Like a brave soldier I am fighting this battle that would continue throughout lifetime.
·         All the bad samskaras my family members and I have acquired over countless previous births keep presenting obstacles in my path. Sometimes I err, sometimes they. Obstacles keep coming, but I would not let them discourage me.
·         I would fight all the difficulties I am faced with. When I trip and fall, I would not give up. I would get up again, shake off the dust and continue the fight.
·         I am walking the path of truth. I am a blissful soul and it is my duty to fight my and others' ill-tendencies and stop not till the victory is won.
·         I am true to my oath, my intent my sadhana and my ultimate goal
·         I shall continue to search for, identify and weed out all my faults, with the same fervor I started out with
The above mantra must be continuously contemplated upon along with assessment of success attained.
The above three great mantras; the fundamental tenets of Grahastha yoga, the oath of firmness, and the oath to fight the holy war against faults and shortcomings - must always resound at the core of a sadhak's mind keep him inspiring.
The ultimate objective of life is to make the individual soul unite with the Supreme Soul. To act for the good of all while forsaking individual selfish desires is the real spiritual endeavor (sadhana). There could be several different ways to pursue this sadhana in practical lives. Grahastha yoga is one such way. Sincere adoption of above guidelines of this yoga in practice will not only edify one's personal and family life but also contribute towards development of a better society.

Wife of the great philosopher Socrates was very ill-natured. His house was always crowded by his followers and visitors and she detested it. She scorned at guests instead of welcoming them.
One day the gathering was especially large and Socrates was delivering his discourse. His wife felt disturbed by the crowd and got angry. Filled with rage she went up to the balcony and started shouting at his followers angrily shouting them to go away from the house. Socrates signaled his followers not to listen to her and continued with his discourse. This enraged her even more and she started throwing dirty water on the gathering as well as hurling abuses at them.
Socrates did not lose his calm and instead remarked jokingly "Did you all see, till now, clouds were thundering and now it has started raining as well". The people in the gathering broke into laughter.

One of the qualities of great men is their ability to deal with ill-tempered people with gentle humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment